IE B8 & B8.5 S4 Performance Downpipes
- Deleting two resonators creates a deep and assertive exhaust note
- Horsepower gains of 8-12 HP
- Constructed from 304 stainless steel 2.5 inch (65mm) diameter tubing
- Easy to install - do it at home with minimal tools
- Tig welded, high quality, and long lasting
- Fully lined flex section - will never collapse and supercharger approved
- Includes all hardware and clamps needed for a hassle free install
- DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE HERE
Downpipes are a popular and easy mod to install. As a pair they replace roughly 12 feet of factory tubing and a pair of resonators. This frees up the exhaust system, making the engine sound as it should. On the B8 S4, the downpipes are located after the catalysts and before the center muffler. Due to copious amount of exhaust on the B8 S4 we have made the following diagram to simplify the system.
Increasing the tubing size and deleting two sound muffling resonators results in noteworthy gains of 8-12 horsepower and torque (ft lb). Larger gains may be realized on more aggressive setups such as stage 2 or stage 3 vehicles.
From the factory the B8 S4 is muffled and resonated to death. In its stock state the car is so quiet that it’s possible to forget about the performance minded 3.0T powerplant. By removing the two resonators the engine sound comes to life. If you’re a true enthusiast that loves a deep and throaty exhaust note, you will not be disappointed!
304 Stainless steel tubing and tig welding make for a long lasting and worry free product. High quality lined flex sections will never come apart internally and clog your exhaust like inferior flex sections. Especially in forced induction (supercharged or turbo), economy flex sections are bound to fail and cause performance issues.
DIRECT BOLT-ON WITH PERFECT FITMENT
No welder or sawzall required! It’s sad that we even have to mention this, but it’s a fact that many cheaper products often require modification to be installed. For a hassle free install, go with IE who stands behind their products.
One of the greatest features of IE downpipes is that they are a breeze to install. They can be done with minimal tools in your garage (or driveway) on jack stands. Feel free to view our install guide HERE.
- Audi - S4 2009-2015 (B8 - B8.5) 3.0T
- Audi - S5 2008-2015 (B8 - B8.5) 3.0T
- Audi - SQ5 2008-2015 (8R) 3.0T
We Also Recommend
IE MK7 Cold Air Intake GTI, Golf R, & Golf | Fits Gen 3 2.0T & 1.8T TSI